Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Cliff Hangers Continuation

1. I looked at the clock – it was already 4am. “I hate myself,” I murmured, “this needs to be stopped!”
"the consequences of the Treaty of Paris" I typed, "is..." It was already 2 o'clock and I was still writing my history outline. "Just a few more sections to go," I tried to cheer myself up, "and u have to hurry because u have an essay to write for English class after this!" Yes, I have to start writing an essay about white lies in 2am... This is impossible and somehow ridiculous! I began to think about what I did on that day and figured out that I did pretty much nothing but wondering around.

2. “Oh Lord, please help me…” I closed my eyes, but tears still burst out…
My mom called my friend and found out that I was not with her as I've said before I went out. Yes, I lied to her. I felt the air was getting thinner because I could not breath anymore. "I need to do something," I told myself, "you need to confess or she will not trust you anymore."

3. I walked into the classroom …and I walked out of the classroom with a long streak of tears on my cheek.
My last day of school in China wasn't as pleasant as I thought it would be. I always wanted to get rid of the insipid and strict classes in China, but when I recognized that it was probably the last chance for me to sit in a classroom and study in China, my heart was thrilling...

4. Time is ruthless, I have to say, because it can change a person you know well to a totally stranger.
I haven't seen her for a whole year. I moved to another city and left her, my best friend at that time, alone in the city which contained millions memories of our friendship. She became a part of my memory of that city, which have never changed since I left. We were miles away from each other, and everything has been so different after all those changes of leaves and blossoms of flowers.

5. I wanted to turn around and look at them for the last time, but I didn’t have the courage to do that – I was afraid that if I turn around, I would never be able to walk away by myself.
I was at the airport, saying good-bye to my family and to the place I've been living for almost 16 years. I looked at everyone greedily, hoping to capture more details of their images so that they would not fade in my mind after I left.

0 comments: