Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Forgiveness Letter

Dear Lu:

Although we meet every single day, I feel like it is necessary to send you this letter. I can still feel the gloominess of that unpleasant quarrel we had a month ago. You dashed the bowl to bits on the ground… in front of my face. I was so pissed off that I stormed out of the door. When I got out of the dining room, I heard something that nearly broke my heart, “I hate you, and I hate you forever!” Like that bowl you dashed on the ground, my heart was broken into pieces. For all the things I have done for you, for all the fun days we spent together… How could you say something so cruel like that?

But this is not a letter of dudgeon; this is a letter of forgiveness. When I came back into the room of emptiness with a pool of tears on the table, I realized that you cried… like me. “This is so wrong,” I said to myself, “this is totally unworthy!”

When I woke up the next day, I say an envelope underneath the door – a letter from you which was unexpected. The words on the letter were not clear – I can see those marks of tears. All the hates and all the hurts were blown off by the blissful wind that came from your letter. You don’t hate me and I don’t hate you. I forgive you because I know that I love you. We should never forget that LOVE is the thing that is holding us together… forever!


Love you forever and ever,
Aunt

0 comments: