Wednesday, October 22, 2008

#1- Letter found on the Titanic

Dear John,

I'm on my way...

Hey up? Are you thinking of me right now? I can't stop thinking of you. You are the angel God sent from heaven to care and protect me. It has to be fate that you came all the way from America to Britain to run into my life. That cafe, that cup of cappuccino, that dance, and that kiss... Oh, you sealed my heart with your gentleness.

I still cannot believe that I'm going to marry you next week in America - a whole new world for me, and of course, a whole new life too - a place that is beyond my ken. When I got onto this ship, when I left the place I've lived for twenty years, I'm scared - would it be a clanger going to US? I felt I was a bird that finally got rid of it's cage but doesn't know where to go. And then, your face with that smile you always have appeared in my mind - I'm no longer lost, because I know my home is meant to be in America - my home is YOU.

Blimey! I have to stop writing now - there are some noise outside, maybe someone just saw the seashore of America! Oh, my love. I can't wait to see your face and feel the warmness of your breath when we kiss. See you in a minute... We will meet in spirit...

I'm on my way...

With all my passion and love,
Christina

0 comments: