Thursday, October 23, 2008

#3 - Letter Asking for Permission to marry Future Husband

Dear Dad,

You have loved once before, and I believed you are still in love...

But how come you disagree with my marriage that is on grounds of love? Eric and I love each other, and I'm sure this love will be fresh forever. Although he is the son of your business foe, this can not be the obstacle of my marriage to happiness. How could you think that "like father like son" is the immutable truth? Unlike his father, Eric is a enthusiastic and cultural person. He has this amazing gift of marketing strategies and business mindset, as well as a wide interests in literature.

Do you remember the tragedy of Romeo and Juliette? I'm sure you don't want that to happen on your beloved daughter. I understand that you don't want to be family with your enemy, but don't you think it is a little bit cruel to your daughter to sacrifice her whole-life happiness to satisfy your so-called business dignity?

Do you still remember the happiest moment in your life 30 years ago, when you and mom got married? I bet the reason you love her is that you just simply LOVE her. You always tell me that it is important to "follow your heart"... that's what I'm doing right now.

Dad, please give me a smile and a warm huge when I give you the invitation card to my wedding. I'm not going to leave you dad - I'm still your little girl. I love Eric, and I love you, too!

Love you forever,
Lu Li

0 comments: