Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Journal Entry #1 - Obese Child

October 28, 2008

Diet: breakfast - apple & yogurt
lunch - Caesar salad
dinner - oatmeal
Weight for Today: 250 pounds

Dear Journal:
Guess what? Today, my nightmare of all time "came true" - I'm 250 pounds now. TWO HUNDRED & FIFTY POUNDS, this damned number sprawled in my mind on my way to school.

"What would people think of me?" I kept thinking about this question. My life from now is going to be a disaster...

And this is my life for today...

I. Sitting in the classroom
When I sat down, the chair crashed a little bit. I heard the whisperings behind me, like always. "It's gonna be fine," I calmed myself down, "At least they're not mocking me at my face." However, things didn't went as fine as I thought. The boy siting behind me told me that he couldn't see the board. I know what he meant - "You are too fat & you are blocking my sight to see the board!"

I was about to cry...

II. Sitting in the cafeteria
Eating lunch at school is something I don't like. Today, like always, I'm always the one who is eating the pathetic caesar salad while everyone else is eating their hot dogs. I haven't got a single bit of hot dogs for almost half an year. The taste of hot dogs is fading away from me - What does it taste like?... NO NO NO!!! Stop thinking of those stuff.

Anyway, the embarrassing thing happened today was I fell down from the stairs because I felt dizzy for not eating enough food for weeks. The nurse told me I have to eat something, but I can't. You know why, my friend...

III. Sitting in the school's library
I went to the library & saw on the post board that the juniors are going on a field trip next week to Walden Pond. I can't go...because they're going to swim. I don't have a bathing suit that's big enough to fit me so I guess I'm not going. I'll say I'm sick. They're going to have a lot of fun without me anyway...

After that I sat down & began to do my homework. Then I heard some girls near me were discussing something about fashion. I smiled bitterly - I can't join the conversation because they'll laugh at me. So, of course, I walked away...


Oh, Journal! What should I do? I tried everything I can to lose weight, but how is it not working? Is it my fault to be obese?


...Or it's just my fate?

Pathetically,
"Fat Kid"

0 comments: