Thursday, October 30, 2008

Journal Entry #3 - Someone With Mental Retardation

May 11, 2008

Dear Journal:

Mama said "Today is a special day, Forrest!" when I was about to leave for school. I had no clue what she was saying but I love her, so I said "I love you mama." I think it was the wind's fault, mama caught something in her eyes, as she said - tears kept coming down to her cheeks...

Today in Theology class, Mr. George talked something about LIFE. When he asked the class what is life, I raised my hand. Mama always tells me that life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're gonna get. When I told the whole class that I think life is a box of chocolate, everyone began to laugh - I think they love what I just said & they felt happy for me. Everyone in the world is nice & friendly...I'm so grateful that I'm a part of this world. See, mama is right. Life is like a box of chocolate - what a sweet life for me & for everyone!

During lunch, everyone was talking about Mother's Day. I still don't know what exactly that mean but I know it's something about mother & something about flowers. So I decided to give the Jasmin I found in the school's garden to mama.

Mama bust into tears when I put the Jasmin in her hands...

Why was she crying? I must have done something wrong. I felt so guilty & had no idea what I should do. So I hugged her & let her continued to cry in my arms.

"Oh Forrest, you're my life." mama murmured softly.


Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're gonna get...


"Don't worry mama, I'm the box & you are the chocolate. No matter what happens, I'm always gonna be the one who hugs & protects you like what I'm doing now..."

And then, I saw a white feather came down from the sky... "Angel is somewhere near us." Mama said with a smile... I'm happy because mama smiled...

Love forever,
Forrest Gump

0 comments: