Sunday, November 30, 2008

Letter #3 - Proctor to Elizabeth

Dear Elizabeth,

I cannot stand this anymore. I hate to live under the darkness of my sin, so I need to confess, confess to you.

I have sinned; I broke one of the Ten Commandments; I betrayed you. The Devil sent a beast into my heart that day. I got no pleasure on that unfaithful night with Abigail, but great regret. That girl is Siren, the dangerous seductress that sings to let men die. She allured me and I was so stupid that I did not refused it. This is all my fault.

Elizabeth, my good wife, please give me a chance to wash away my sins. Although I have command the sin of lechery, I still hope I could go back to God. More important, I still want to go back to you and let your love embrace me. Abigail is nothing to me and God will punish her for being a whore. All you have to know, my wife Elizabeth, is that I love you. You are my wife and I shall love you with my life!

Wish time could go back, so that I can take back my unforgivable action. Nightmares are making me frustrated these days. In my dreams, you kept running away from me. I tried to chase after you, but I could not run. When I looked back, I saw Abigail, with her evil face, was holding me back… I could not sleep and I could not eat well anymore – I think this may be a punishment from God. I realized that do that which is good, and no harm shall come to thee. But it is too late because I have already sinned.

I really want to wash away my sin and start fresh, Elizabeth. So now I am here, writing this letter to ask for your forgiveness. Please grant me your forgiveness or my soul will die without the mercy of God. Please give me another chance to be a good husband and another chance to be a commendable Christian.


Asking for forgiveness,
Your husband John

1 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.